Anyway, she had such a fun day. Here she is is her birthday hat (I mean crown) from school.
That night we had a party/dinner with our families. She picked out all the food and it was quite the event! Our families are getting so big and it was fun to have most of them there to celbrate with us. Emma really appriciated everyone that came. It was the first year that she really seemed to care. I on the other hand kind of felt crazed, since I spent pretty much the whole day cooking, and the whole day before shopping, and most of the night cleaning up. But it was a lot of fun, and I am grateful for everyone's help and support. We have a great family!
The next day Emma had some friends over for a birthday slumber party. I know I am crazy. But I told her no sleepovers until she was 8, so what was my excuse now. She ended up having 3 friends that could come. That was a managable number. Scot took Ben and Lucy out to his parents, so it was just the girls and I.
Emma wanted to party to be something where they made the stuff themselves. So they each made their own pizzas, cut out jello jigglers, decorated their own cupcakes, and made their own ice cream. They all loved it! It was more work than I thought trying to organize everything and make sure everyone had what they needed, but it worked out.

I convinced Emma that her friends wouldn't appriciate Key Lime Pie (I really just didn't want to make another one.) and that we should do cupcakes. She agreed, but didn't actually eat her cupcake. At least she blew out the candle.
After loading them all up with sugar, they laid down to watch a movie. I thought this might calm them down. No such luck! When we turned out the lights at 11:30 they were still plenty giggly and stayed up until about 1:00. I dont' think we will do this often but I am glad that she had a great time.
5 comments:
Actually the key lime pie was awesome...I almost went back for seconds but my tummy was full!! I'd love to get the recepie because now I'm craving it. Probably one of the only things I've had cravings for.
Yes, you are crazy, but it looks like it turned out great! Now for next weekend....
What a fun party. You did a lot of work. Halle is still so sad that she missed it. She wanted to call Emma the second we walked in the door from our trip. Glad you survived the sleepover.
I can't believe she is 8 either! I am sad Kyra had to miss the sleepover-it looks like it turned out fun! you are a nice mom to do that!
How fun. That is so cute! You are an awesome mom!!
Post a Comment