First poor Ben's head... Last Wednesday I was at Dillards trying on a dress for my sister's wedding. Dave, her fiance, volunteered to take Emma and Ben to ride the escalators. (A much more fun thing to do than wait for me to try on a dress.) After we were done we went over to find them at the escalators. We waited for a few minutes and there was no sign of them, so we called Dave's cell phone. He very briefly told us he was in the bathroom because Ben had hurt himself on the escalator and was bleeding really badly. My mom, sister, and I didn't know whether to believe him or not, but we headed to the bathroom. As we got closer to the bathroom I saw blood on the floor. It was a lot of blood. I kind of started to panic. This was my little boys blood and I had no idea where he was bleeding from. We started knocking on the men's bathroom door, finally Dave brought him out. He had turned around on the escalator, lost his balance and fallen. He had a cut and puncture wound on his fore head. After we got him cleaned up, and filled out an incident report, I took him to a Kid's Care where they told me he didn't need stiches, just a butterfly. I figured I could do that myself. So I called my friend who has a lot of experience in butterflies (She has three little boys.) So was so nice to help me get it all taken care of.
Next was my little Lucy. She has 2 injuries to report. First Friday morning, right as we were trying to get out of the house to pick up Scot, she grabbed a hot curling iron. I thought I had it where she couldn't reach it, but she some how got it. The poor thing had blisters on her little hand. It is so sad! The part she like though was holding on to ice cubes and watching them melt. And amazingly enough they don't seem to bother her that much.
Her next injury was yesterday. She was dancing in Emma's room and fell. She hit the corner of her bed. Now she has a huge goose egg on her fore head.
I guess this is what happens sometimes. And I am not sure why I felt compelled to blog about them. Maybe there are other mother's out there whose children are just as accident prone as mine. I really don't know, but there you are.
1 comment:
No...no...it's not just you. Well, maybe it's a Woodbury gene, but it's not just you. Jon sat Hannah at the back of our ginormous couch the other day and then stood up. She's gotten so good at bending in half and stretching beyond where you think she could possible reach, and she toppled herself right off to the floor.
Only two days before that I'd been cleaning out my car and let Hannah sit in the passenger seat while I cleaned out the junk on the floor in front of her. As soon as I stood up, she did that same reach and tumbled out onto the garage floor.
No concussions or even any bruising, but it's very un-nerving! I wish kids understood balance and bandaids before they attempted some of this stuff, but then, if they did, they might never attempt it and then no one would get anywhere.
All part of the program, huh? I hate that.
Post a Comment