Thursday, August 7, 2008

No training wheels!

Well last week was an exciting week for Emma. She finally figured out how to ride her bike without the training wheels. We have been working on it all summer off and on, but last week I decided we were going to work on it almost everyday and see if that made a difference. At first I basically had to force her to do it. She would complain and say she couldn't do it. Then I would tell her she had to do it for a little longer. Finally, she got it on Thursday. By Friday she was riding up and down the whole street. Hurray! I was beginning to think we should just put the training wheels back on.
Since then she has riden her bike all over the place. She rode to the park about 4 times, and she loves it. She gets better and better every day.
Here are some action shots! I have decided that I waited until Emma was too old to take her training wheels off. We will start younger with Ben. I think the earlier you start the less fears they have developed.

4 comments:

DeDee said...

Same w/Zoe...we started later and it took longer. Funny that is...

kecia said...

way to go emma! It is so fun when they catch on to it! I agree about starting a little earlier-Kyra picked it up way faster than I thought she would.

Michelle said...

So much fun! Way to go Emma!

Tiffany Williams said...

We took Laurel's training wheels off this summer too but didn't get much time to practice. And now with her broken arm we won't be able to practice for another month. Oh well! She'll learn eventually.

Congrats Emma! :)