Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

Well yesterday was Emma's first day of 3rd grade. 3rd Grade! I can't believe it. She is growing up way too fast. She didn't want me to take too many pictures because she is a big kid now. As we were walking out of the house her cut on her knee started to bleed, so I grabbed her the first bandaid I could see. It was a Dora bandaid. She just about died. "Mom, what will my friends say!?" (When she got home I asked her if any of her friends said anything, and they didn't. Imagine that.) Just before we left the house.
When we got to the school, she made Dad, Ben and Lucy wait in the car, she would only let me take her in. To tell you the truth this is one of the most emotional I have been on the first day of school (probably because I am pregnant). I watched her run off with her friends (some of which I am not too fond of) and just thought "wow, life just keeps on going." I remember 3rd grade being when I felt so big, and all the real homework started. Oh boy are we ready for this? Probably not, but here we go anyway.
Emma and her cute best friend Sage. They were so happy that they have the same teacher. They are such cute little friends.
When she got home from school she couldn't stop talking about what a great day it was. She has the best teacher, and they did such fun stuff. She talked my ear off the rest of the day. But that is okay because I am so glad she had such a great day.

3 comments:

DeDee said...

So glad she's loving it...it makes all the difference!

Michelle said...

She looks so cute with her glasses. Way to go.. you have a 3rd grader!

Julie said...

3rd grade sounds so old. She looks so cute with her new glasses. Glad she's enjoying it!