Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Fun!

Well the crappy rainy weather ruined any outdoor plans for labor day. I was really bummed! It is after all the last day that seems like summer, and the weather in definently making it feel that way. But we decided to make the best of it, and at my father's suggestion decided to go bowling. (The sad part was that he was feeling so sick he didn't even join us in the fun.)
The kids were so excited. They love bowling! I like it okay, but it isn't my favorite. But I love watching the kids bowl. Plus we went to Pizza Factory for lunch, and I love pizza factory! Their breadsticks are to die for. Ben's greatest desire was to bowl as many creative ways as he could. This is the kicking it down the ramp. He also head butted it down the ramp, rode on Scot's back to push it down, and many other crazy stunts. And aren't the little bowling shoes just so cute!?
Lucy didn't much care for bowling, except the balls. She wanted to carry around every ball. She kept running over to the racks and trying to pull them off. Then she would stand by the ball return and try to catch them all. Amazingly we survived without any pinched fingers. And then she would go and dance to the music in the middle of the bowling lane. It was very cute, but she would get really mad when we would move her out of the way so the people next to us could bowl.
This is Emma and her cousin Shaylie. Shaylie just moved back from Pennsylvania and Emma is so excited to have her back. She has missed her a lot.
Ben and Grandma Pam. My mom treated to this event and it was tons of fun! Thanks Mom! You're the best! (Even though bowling isn't your favorite activity.)
And finally this is my brother Adam and his very geeky rolled up pants with socks. But maybe it makes you a better bowler, because he beat us all.

3 comments:

DeDee said...

I does look like there is power in those socks!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed that photo opp. I'll have to get a copy of your picture. He's such a dork, and everytime we bowl, he rolls his pants up...I'm glad you captured that for us!! Crazy guy

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to roll up my pant legs next time I try bowling. I never win....

Glad you made a fun time out of the last holiday in the summer!