Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ben loves Puzzles!

So this summer I decided I needed something to help keep Ben busy, otherwise he would keep himself busy bugging his sisters. Since Emma loves to read she has down time, and Lucy has naptime so I thought I better come up with something.
When I asked Ben what he wanted to do he told me puzzles. However, he can do a 100 piece puzzle in less than 30 minutes so I didn't think that was going to buy me the kind of time I wanted. There would still be way too much time left to bug.
Well the solution we finally came up with was to set a table up in his room and start a 500 piece puzzle. I really wasn't sure how it would go and how much he would actually be able to do but we thought we would try. He has been amazing! I do have to help some, especially sorting the pieces into groups so he can work on a little of the puzzle at a time. But it has been a life saver.
Here he is finishing he 4th 500 piece puzzle. He is getting better with each one. And he loves working on them.
He was so excited when he finished.
We decided to glue the puzzles and frame them. That way all his hard work wouldn't go to waste. Unfortunately it has been tricky to find frames that work, but at least the puzzle is glued. We can figure the rest out later.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go! Brilliant idea! I feel like your little boy is smarter than me. I try to do puzzles... you know, in the winter on a sunday afternoon...but get bored after 10 minutes. :)
It is probably great mental exercise for his brain- problem solving, etc. I am impressed!!

Lori said...

That's awesome, Ben!!! And, congrats to Kirsten on getting some down-time. If it means that we get more fun blogs from her, then I may have to invest in a few puzzles to help the cause. Great idea for all involved, and Ben just proves again what a genious kid he is!

DeDee said...

That is awesome! He is probably better than most adults!

Tiffany Williams said...

That's impressive! We don't do many puzzles.