Last month, for my birthday, I told Scot I really needed a break from the kids. He has been traveling so much that I just really needed some time away from them. So he got me a suite in a nearby hotel and told me that I could invite my mom, sisters and sister in laws for a night of fun.

My mom surprised my sisters and I with pedicures. That was so great! I was in great need of one. ( I know I am spoiled, but I love to get pedicures. It isn't the same when I do it myself.) My sister also was able to come up from Cedar City to spend the night with us. It was so great to see her, and it meant a lot to me that she would come!

After our pedicures, we met up with some of my sister in laws. (Jessica, Kim, Amy, Carolynn, and Shanon) We went to Olive Garden for a great kid free dinner. Scot got me gift cards so I didn't have to pay either. He was so great about all of this. But the sweetest thing was that he called Shanon, after he found out she couldn't come, and offered to watch her kids while we went to dinner so that she could at least join us for that. I told everyone that even though they had great husbands I won the award that night for having the best husband. I think I win it every night anyway.

After a great meal, we headed back to the pool. It was great fun. There was even a waterslide, but only Kim, Annaliese and I actually tried it. Then we relaxed in the hot tub. My mom, Annaliese and I stayed a little later than the other ladies, and we had forgotten that we had to have a key to get back to the part of our hotel where our room was. So we had to run all the way around the building in our swimsuits. It was rather chilly, but pretty funny anyway. I didn't even have shoes!

Then we discovered this really cool theatre room in the hotel. Anyone can reserve a time and come and watch a movie and hand out. It was so much fun! We watched one of my favorites, "While you were Sleeping". We had tons of treats, and it was so fun!
Then we stayed up really late and just talked and laughed. It was such a nice time! I love my kids, but it was great to get a little break! I have the best, most thoughtful husband ever! And thanks to the great ladies that spent the night with me as well! What a great birthday!!
2 comments:
This sounds so fun. What a great way to spend your birthday. Scot went all out. What a great husband.
what a cool thing to have that theatre room in a hotel! It looks like the perfect birthday gift! Way to go Scot!
Post a Comment