Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kindergarten is a Zoo!

Last month Ben's Kindergarten had a program. It was a zoo animal program. They were so adorable! Ben knew all his songs really well and loved performing them.
Each of the kids got a special part in the program. Ben got to be the shark. He really got into it! It was so cute! He was so excited to be there, he kept pointing out all of us to his teacher. I can't believe how much he has grown up this year! School is almost over and then he is going to be a first grader. Kindergarten has gone way to fast!Ben was very excited that both of his Grandma's and a Papa Woody could come. And that Scot flew home from Texas that morning so he made it in time for his program as well. Great job Buddy!
A couple weeks later they had Kindergarten Zoo in their classroom. Each of the kids pick an animal. Then they do research on it and dress up like their animal. Then they get to present their research to the class. I thought it was so cute that Ben chose to be a penguin. I didn't influence him at all. In fact I tried to talk him in to being a dog. But he told me that dogs aren't in the zoo, and we don't have a dog costume anyway. And that he really loves his penguin costume and wanted to wear it again. That's my boy! What a proud moment, when my children demonstrate a true love for penguins. Mrs. Lightfoot does such cute things with them. She even sets it up like a cage for them to give their reports. She has been a great teacher for Ben, he has loved her class!

1 comment:

kecia said...

that was one of my favorite activities...I loved the cage she had them stand in! I really hope Adrie gets her next year!