Monday, May 24, 2010

Lucy Loo Whoo is now more than 2

Since we came back from England on Lucy's birthday, it kind of got put on hold for a few weeks while we tried to get our life back in order. It is amazing how being gone for a week can throw you off for at least two. But even though it was almost a month late, we still really wanted to celebrate with our family. We always appriciate all the support that we get from our family! The party girl eating her dinner. She wanted to have salad for her party. So we had a salad bar with fruit and bread. It sounds kind of a crazy for a 3 year old party, but it turned out great. And she loved it!
Our families are always so thoughtful and generous in their gifts. Unfortunately I don't have great pictures because all the kids love to crowd around and see. They all look pretty much like this. People definently know Lucy well because she got lots of princess polly pockets, and three of the same Cinderella barbie. But she didn't care that they were the same she loved everyone like it was her first. She also got some cute clothes and a barbie camper. Very fun!
We gave Lucy her first set of scriptures, and I found this cute scripture bag that looks just like a purse. She loves it! She calls it her scripture purse.
She wanted a barbie cake. I kept trying to figure out how to do that and then I remembered that Annaliese had a barbie cake that the cake was the barbie dress. So that is what I attempted. It worked out pretty well, but the most important thing was that Lucy absolutely loved it!
After the party, my mom & dad stayed to help clean up. I found Lucy on her grandpa's lap, with her cousin Lexi, telling him all about how mucy she loved her party. It was very sweet. Lucy has always loved her grandpas.
Happy Birthday (very late) Juicy! We love you.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What cute photos! I had a barbie cake too (at some point in my youth).

You did a fantastic job on that cake, just like a pro!

It was great to see you last week! I will be thinking about you in June, jealous that you are in Disneyland and I am not. :)

kecia said...

she looks so cute and old! I love her striped dress! You did great on the barbie cake! I did that one for Kyra's 1st birthday too! I LOVE her scripture purse/bag! Where did you find it?