Monday, July 7, 2008

St. George Girls Trip

Last week I went to St. George with my mom and my sisters. (Of course my kids had to come too.) We had such a great time! We did lots of relaxing, some scrapbooking, swimming, and lots of hanging out. We met my sister's fiance's family (they live in St. George).
We spent 2 nights at Tuacahn. We saw Sound of Music with the kids. They absolutely loved it! (Except the end with the fireworks. Ben freaked out, even the people sitting next to us were trying to calm him down.) Then our friends who recently moved to St. George were kind enough to watch the kids while we went to Les Mis. It was amazing! They did such an awesome job. But how they wear those costumes in that heat I will never know.
There was lots of relaxing going on. I thought it was so cute how they were all reading at the same time with their feet up on the table.
And of course we spent lots of time at the pool! Lucy seemed so excited at first, but the second we put her in the water, she wasn't excited about it anymore. Finally by the last day she was enjoying the pool more, but the other days she and I spent lots of time sitting in the beach chairs at the side. Emma and Ben loved the water and couldn't get enough of it.
There was also a cute little playground at the condo. We went a few times, but it was so hot most the time that we could only stand to be there for a few minutes at a time.
Overall, I mostly enjoyed spending time with my mom and sisters. We were glad Marlayna hung out with us instead of spending all her time with Dave. Soon she will get married and then we won't see her much. Thanks Mom for a great trip!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think its so fun that you guys do this every year. Sounds like a very fun and RELAXING trip. I'm so jealous that you got to see Sound of Music AND Les Mes! I hope to see them this summer some time!

kecia said...

I love Tuachan! We have gone every year but I don't know if we are getting there this year. I would love to see both of those.