Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day Boating

Well this should get me caught up, and then I am not going anywhere the rest of the summer, so I should be better about all this.
On Thursday Scot actually had to work, but his boss was nice enough to let him take a half day off. We went up to Echo again with my family. We got this great beach with a rope swing that we could swing out into the water. Emma and Ben loved it. (Of course so did Scot, my dad, and Dave) They weren't really tall enough to swing it over the water, so they would grab it and run and fall into the water. It was hilarious! They thought they were doing it just like everyone else. Dave (my sisters fiance) got the best air. He would swing from off the top of a log and jump into the water. It was great!
Once again, Lucy loved the sand. This time there was a lot more of it for her. She played in it all day. In fact she wouldn't look up at me so I could take a decent picture. She was so engrossed in her sand! She would take her hands and load up the shovel with sand and then she would dump the sand into her buckets. It was really cute!
Mostly the day was really relaxing. And nothing beats a good nap on the beach! I didn't get one of those because I had to stay vigilant so that one of my children didn't drown. But I did get to relax in a chair and read a magazine. Wow! When does that happen?!
We didn't get home until around 8 and we were all beat, but it is always really fun! And thanks to my use of sunscreen (that some find in excess) not one of us got a single burn. Yeah! Because nothing is worse than a baby with sunburn!

5 comments:

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love summer time! Thanks for the pics!

kecia said...

how fun! that rope swing looks great!

DeDee said...

Where is that swing? Sounds like a blast!

Michelle said...

Love the pic of uncle norm! He can fall asleep anywhere.

Looks like lots of fun! I'm feeling jealous. :)

Julie said...

I think we've been to that same beach before with the rope swing...I can't remember for sure but it sounds very familiar. Looks like a very fun day.