Our family tradition with my family is to go boating on July 4th. With my parents business we can really only all go when the shop is closed. So that means holidays. But recently we have been going up to Echo which is great because it doesn't get that busy. Because of all the winter water we had the lake is so full! We could barely find a beach, and the one we did find was tiny, and every time you got close to the water you sunk in about 2 feet of mud. At first we were kind of worried we were going to lose a child, but they could kind of float over the mud with their life jackets. Plus they aren't as heavy. In the end the beach turned out to be great! (After some great debris clean up by my dad.)

Tubing is the thing most of the family loves the most. We didn't even have a single skier or wake boarder go out. Emma particularly loves the tube! Ben won't even try it. I love the tube too. This 3 person tube is the best, because it is really hard to tip over.

Lucy fell asleep on the boat. It was so cute! She doesn't really like the life jacket, but it does work well as a pillow.

This is such a cute picture of my sister Annaliese (who says she hates it when she makes it on my blog, but I think secretly she desires to be on every new post.) and my cute neice Emily. She wasn't really a big fan of the life jacket either. But the picture is so cute, I had to post it.

Ben was kind of nervous about the boat at first, since this is the first time we have been out this year. He told us that is imaginary friend told him that he shouldn't ride on the boat, because it wouldn't be fun. We finally convinced him that he should try it. He loved it! He and my nephew Hyrum (whose birthday it was that day) love to sit in the bow of the boat and let the wind blow in their face. Hmm... I guess his imaginary friend was wrong. So when he told us that his imaginary friend told him not to eat his lunch, we reminded him about how his imaginary friend was wrong before.

Lucy didn't want to even touch the water. If the water lapped close to where she was playing she would stand up and run away. It was hilarious! But I was okay with it because if she doesn't go near the water she can't drown. And she hates the life jacket, so I don't make her wear it on the beach. It will be so great next summer when she doesn't have to have the head thingy. Those always look like they are choking them. Oh well, safety first!
We had a great time! We look forward to the 24th.
5 comments:
How fun is that?! And Annaliese SHOULD make it into your blogs!...look at how gorgeous she's getting! You were missed, but glad it was fun!
Looks SO fun! I haven't been boating for so long!
Looks like you guys have been having a great summer! Glad you're back!
Boating sounds SO, SO fun right now!
I am so jealous! That looks like fun. Can you believe I've never heard of Echo? It must be a lake in the area??
Everyone is so cute in your photos and I loved Ben's imaginary friend. Cute kids!!
looks like fun! I love the one of Lucy on the sand!
Post a Comment