Sunday, August 29, 2010

Letting go is hard to do

For months now I have been getting teased about Spencer's long hair. I thought it was adorable, with all his curls in the back. Scot thought it looked like a mullet. But he's a baby, it's ok for his hair to be a little longish.
Finally I decided that I better cut it. I have been working up to this for about a month. The big day came.... he was not happy about it one bit. (I felt like crying myself.)
In the end, we gave him an otter pop and he was very happy about that. And the result is very handsome. But here is the problem: in those 10 minutes it took me to cut his hair he grew up. He isn't so much my baby anymore. Now he looks so much older, and I am having a really hard time dealing with this. The whole day, everytime I looked at him, I wanted to cry. Not becuase he didn't look good, but because I'm losing my baby too quickly. Usually I am not all sentimental about these things. (Although I have been more so lately), but since he is probably my last baby it is harder to let go of some of those sweet baby things.
Lucy loved Spency's new haircut and keeps calling him 'handsome". He just is looking too grown-up. Sometimes I wish I could hold on to some of these things forever, but I would even settle for just slowing things down. I love you Monkey! Please don't grow up to fast!

1 comment:

kecia said...

oh it is so sad to see him look older! But he does look so cute and I love that lucy calls him handsome