It was with mixed emotions that I approached this new school year. I have been glad to have life back into a schedule. We had a great summer, but things are a little trickier and the kids a little crabbier (especially the little ones) when things aren't on a schedule. But that being said, we have had so much fun together this summer, that it is hard to think about having all that end, and the having to get everyone going earlier in the morning. Spencer wakes up early regardless of what season it is, but we just didn't have to try to be out the door by a certain time most days.
But that is the way it has to be, so...
we sent them back to school.

Emma was not very excited to go back, but I was excited to send her in particular back. She just has wanted me to entertain her all summer long, and I am not always up for that. So it was off to 5th grade she went. She has a good class this year, so I am excited for her.

Ben was excited, but a little nervous to start 1st grade. He was cute because sunday night he just kept saying things like "when Emma was nervous about this, she did that". That was really all he said about being nervous. But I think he was just trying to figure it out in his head. He has really never been nervous about something before. But he is loving 1st grade. He loves having lunch at school, and his friends and his teacher.

After getting the kids off to school. Some of the moms in the neighborhood took our little kids to the park for lunch and visiting. It was a lot of fun and it helped the little kids take their minds off the fact that they had less kids to play with at home. It has become a little bit of a tradition each year.
Well now we are back in the swing of things. I still don't like the early mornings, but I never do, so we'll just make the best of it.
1 comment:
I am almost caught up to the first day of school...cute pictures! I still can't believe Ben is 1st grade....that seems way to old! I got some cute ones of the kids at the park too....it was nice to chat and let them play there!
Post a Comment