Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mother's Day

I had one of the best Mother's Days this year. I just couldn't let it slide. I had to record my thoughts before it fades. Scot had already given me all my presents before mother's day, so on that day the only gifts I got were the precious gifts my kids made me. And honestly that was such a great thing for me this year. It really made me reflect on what is so important to me and what I truly love about being a mother.
Ben made me this crown and a note that said I was queen for the day. Then Emma, Ben and Lucy gave me the cutest note about how I deserved to go to paradise. So they pretended to fly me in a plane (flown by Ben) to Hawaii (Emma and Lucy's room) where they greated me with Leis and sang to me. It was very cute!
And my fantastic husband made me breakfast in bed.
I am so lucky to have such a great family! I love them more than I ever imagined I could. I am so grateful to be a mother (even though it isn't always easy)! I am so grateful to my mother for setting such a great example for me, and helping me to embrace motherhood. And to a great mother in law for raising an amazing son. So even though it is late (but not quite a month, so that is good) I wish all the mother's in my life a wonderful mother's day. Hey it is okay to be remembered all year, not just one Sunday in May, right?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an especially good Mother's Day this year. I decided having kids who can tell you how much they love you makes it just that more sweet! Glad your kids think you should go to paradise....hope you enjoyed your trip to the exotic land of Lucy and Emma.

kecia said...

what a cute picture of the 2 of you!