Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Memorial Day Fun

Every year a group of our ward friends goes camping over Memorial Day weekend. We have gone a couple times, but the last few years with little babies I just didn't feel like I could deal with it. Scot always has wanted to go, but I have been kind of a wimp. This year I told everyone that I would go as long as the weather was forcasted to be good. Well guess what, the weather was supposed to be cold and wet, so I decided I could not deal with sleeping in a tent in that weather. (I am not the super camper that some up there were.) But we still wanted to be part of the fun, so we decided to go up for the day on Saturday. It was a ton of fun! It was still cold, but it didn't rain on us and we had a great time with great friends. Some friends of ours that have moved out of the ward joined us as well and it was great to spend time with them. Candace and Shar were adorable with all the little kids. They spent hours making friendship bracelets with them. Ben is still wearing his almost a month later.
Spencer loved the Cheetos. So just add Cheeto dust to all the dirt and he looked good by the end of the day.

Spencer also loved this toy four wheeler our friends brought along.
(Don't worry they didn't actually drive this way!) THe other kids loved the big four wheelers our friends brought. They were always asking for rides. Our friends were so great to share with us!
Lucy had a ton of fun with her friend Bree. Here they are doing a paint with water book. Thanks for sharing Aubrey. They loved it. They also played kids horseshoes together, and in the dirt a lot!
Ben even convinced Braden to play chess with him. They look so cute playing such a grown up game. Ben loves chess, and he is getting pretty good at it too.
When Lucy face planted in the dirt, we decided that it was probably time to go. Poor thing. She was a mess, but it was really hard not to laugh.

On Memorial Day itself we spent time with family...
First we went to breakfast at Ruth's Diner with Scot's family. Oh so yummy! My favorite breakfast spot, and it was nice enough that we could sit outside.
Then we headed to the zoo with some of my family. When I was a kid, it was a tradition to go to the zoo on Memorial Day with my grandparents. My parents thought it would be fun to bring back the tradition.
While we were waiting for the group we played on the playground. This elephant slide has been around since I was a kid. Oh so nostalgic!

Henry and Spencer were stroller buddies. Spencer loved the animals. He would just point and point. We ended up getting a zoo pass so he will get to see them lots.
The kids loved going with Grandma pam and Grandpa Norm.
And of course we had to ride the train. My grandparents always used to take us on the train. I have a lot of good memories of that. Now my kids grandparents took them on the train.
It was a great weekend full of lots of fun! We are so blessed to have such fun family and friends!

1 comment:

kecia said...

the picture of Lucy with the dirt face is my favorite!