Last year we planted my Grandma's flower beds as a family for her Mother's Day gift. We had a lot of fun, and asked her if she would like that again. So I guess now it is kind of a tradition. It is a great time to get to see my grandma and the kids love to help a little bit and play on the grass a lot.

My dad went over earlier to turn over all the soil, so he decided he had done enough and sat on the porch filling the water jug. Oh, and getting many of us wet when we weren't expecting it.

This picture is my favorite! Lucy, and her cousin Emily, look so adorable with Grandma. And this is so out of character with what they did the whole night, which was to run around and around the yard.

Well it isn't a huge flower bed, and there are a lot of us, so there was a lot of sitting around going on. But that is ok because we had a great time chatting and hanging out. Oh, and chasing the kids.


The kids would help for a minute and run away to play, except Emma, Sam and Hyrum. They helped pretty much the whole time. What great helpers.

After we were done, Grandma came down to survey our work. She was pleased, I think. But I also think that she was happy to see all of us.
Then we all went to Subway for dinner. I have to say I pity those poor workers. We were quite a group to serve!
4 comments:
Loved this.
Such a fun Family Night! I LOVE the one of Grandma and our girls! Thanks for taking it!
What a sweet thing to do for your Grandma.
what a fun tradition! I wish my grandma was alive to do these kinds of things with!
Post a Comment