Thursday, January 3, 2008

Woodbury Christmas Card

Okay, so Christmas was way crazier than I expected. But I thought I would post our Christmas letter to let everyone now that we are still here and new blogs with cute Christmas pictures are coming soon...
Hello again everyone! 2007 has been a crazy, exciting, and eventful year for the Woodbury family. So that is why amidst all the chaos in our lives I am writing this letter. It is also the reason why this letter is late. Hopefully you will all forgive our tardiness.
We have had two major changes for our family this year. The first was the birth of our 3rd child, and 2nd little girl, Lucy Marlayna on March 22nd. She makes us so happy (except at 2 am,) and she has a contagious smile and laugh. Ben and Emma adore her, and love to make her giggle. They affectionately call her Juicy or Juice Tiger. Now that she is almost 9 months old she is becoming mobile, which creates a little more fun chaos in our lives.
Our other big change was a move. In late September we sold our house of 7 years and bought a bigger one. Since we only moved 3 streets away I thought it wouldn’t be such a big project, but I was very wrong. After 2 weeks of painting and flooring, and a trip to the emergency room for me we finally moved in. But we love our comfortable new house, and finally have room to breath. (Probably because half of our garage is full of boxes yet to be unpacked.)
Scot is still working for UB Engineering. He only has to work about 30 hours a week and enjoys the extra time he has to spend with his family. In October he freed up more time when he was released from the bishopric. He is now serving as the Stake Athletic Director, and Gospel Doctrine teacher. The flexibility of Scot’s job allowed us to take some fun vacations this year. We traveled to Yellowstone, Lake Powell, & Disneyland. They were all a lot of fun!
As usual I am a busy mom. Now that I have more kids and house to take care of I have little time for anything else. But that is just fine. I love being a mother, and taking on all the challenges my children present me with.
Emma is a second grader this year. She is doing very well and is reading on a fifth grade level. She is also extremely dramatic, and loves to sing and dance, especially to Hannah Montana and High School Musical. She is seven going on seventeen. No wonder she seems to be growing up too fast.
Benjamin is almost four and we have started a neighborhood pre-school playgroup.
He loves it, and always tells Emma what he did at “school”. He is a great big and
little brother. He loves spending time with his sisters. He also loves “Cars”, trains,
and puppies.
As always, we reflect on how very blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends. We hope the season finds you well, and that you have a fabulous Christmas.
Merry Christmas! Scot, Kirsten, Emma, Benjamin, and Lucy Woodbury

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the Christmas letter. 2007 WAS a big year for you guys. So glad that your move wasn't far. Can't wait to see christmas pictures.

Michelle said...

I am so glad to have a post to read after your busy December. Happy New Year and I'll be watching for more photos. :)

kecia said...

good to see you back again
I look forwarf to pictures soon