Friday, January 18, 2008

I am the worst mom ever!

This is my beautiful little Lucy, who yesterday tumbled down all ten steps to our basement. She is such a fast crawler. Ben went downstairs and didn't shut the door to the basement. Before I could get over there I heard a cry and a bump, bump, bump all the way down the stairs. And then nothing. I was freaking out, and screaming, because she was just laying there doing nothing. As I got closer I realized she was just crying so hard she wasn't making any noise. I was so scared! I held her for about 3 hours after that. I felt so terrible. She has a big bump on the side of her head, and another one on top, but she seems to be okay. Ben feels really bad too. He has been walking around the house shutting every door he can, saying "This way Lucy will be safe." So now not only does Emma tell me I am the worst mom in the world, but now I have proved it by not keeping my baby safe. Hopefully I am not the only mother out there who has made this terrible mistake, and that she really is okay.
P.S. Kecia, thanks for the tip on the Old Navy penguin outfit. Doesn't she look cute in it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a cute outfit for Lucy.

Gravity sure works fast, huh! Hey, I figure if we grew up in this world of dangerous things (including stairs + gravity= fall)then other children have a chance too. I'm glad she is OK 'cuz she sure is cute!

kecia said...

Yes she looks adorable! I knew she (or you) would like it! That is so sad about her fall down the stairs! I am not quite ready for all that again!