Well life at the Woodbury house changes dramaticaly this morning! Scot started a new job. I now have to go back to being a regular stay at home mom, without the perks of a husband working in the basement. Scot is working 8-5 M-F now. My kids have been asking me all morning where dad is. When I told Emma he had already left for work, when she got up for school, she had to call him and wish him good luck. Then when Ben asked, I told him he was at work and he looked at me like I had lost my mind. He probably doesn't remember what it was like when he worked 60 hour weeks before. Lucy is kind of at a loss without her dad to hold her and play with her all morning, but we all seem to be adjusting. As strange as it sounds I have already accomplished more this morning than I have typically been getting done in a whole day. And I even showered before 10. Lately that hasn't happened often. I figured since I had done the laundry, dressed everyone, made and cleaned up breakfast, cleaned the house, and made the beds that I could humor myself and blog. So we are adjusting well to having daddy gone, but we really enjoyed the extra time we had him home for. The last year has been great, and we have grown a lot as a family. That being said, I am also glad to have him go back to work at an office. Working from home was not for us. I certainly will not miss feeling like Scot is looking over my shoulder checking up on me all day. So as much as we love him, we are glad to feel like things are getting a little more back to normal. It will be an adjustment again when he starts traveling in a few months, but one step at a time.
1 comment:
Congrats on the new job for Scot and the new freedom for Kirsten. ;)
Long live the Woodbury blog!
Post a Comment