We spent Tuesday morning with Scot's parents, then they had to do a shift at the visitors center. So we picked up my mom at her hotel and headed up to Disneyland for the rest of our adventure. We were so glad that my mom was able to come with us, it was a lot of fun to have her and really helpful. Scot and I even got to ride a couple rides with each other. Crazy!
When we got to our hotel we couldn't check in yet, so we decided to head over to the park. Just a few steps into our walk, the stroller broke. The wheel snapped off. I was not happy. I love my stroller! But Scot, the amazing fix it man, decided that he would go to Home Depot and see if he could fix it. Fortunatley he was able to fix it. Unfortunately, it took him a lot longer than he thought. We spent most of the day without him. I had to carry Spencer to the park and then I rented a stroller for that time. It was so worth not having to carry him around, especially since it took Scot so much longer than he thought.

When the other kids got out their Mickey ears to take to the park, Spencer saw them and was so excited. He wanted some of his own. The whole way there he kept asking for a hat. So right as we went in, we stopped at the first hat shop we found and bought him his ears. And he wore them more than I thought he would. And he is adorable in them. The other kids were excited that now they all have ears.

We spent most of our time that day in Toon Town. Scot was actually really happy about that, because it isn't his favorite thing to do. While the kids were climbing around inside one of the houses, Spencer spotted Goofy outside the window. He was sooooo excited! But I thought he would probably be happy just waving at him. No. He wanted to see Goofy. So we waited in line. The whole time he was so excited, but I worried that when we got up there that he would be nervous about it. I mean Santa freaked him out, and he is an actual person. But I was surprised. We got up there and he ran to Goofy. He gave him hugs, and high fives. It was so cute. And from then on, every character we saw, we had to stop for. If Spencer saw them, we had to stop. He wasn't happy if we tried to pass them by. And I must admit that I loved seeing him with the characters too. It was magical for me. My other kids love to see them, but they are older and it wasn't quite the same. But to see Spencer with them was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

Well after Goofy, we got really lucky. All the characters were out in Toon Town, except Mickey. But he was in his house. So we went to see him there. And the lines were pretty short to see the characters. We only waited a few minutes for each. That made it even better.

Finally Scot made it there for about an hour that night and the kids were so glad to see him, and I was so glad the stroller was fixed.

The second day we decided to get an early start. But we read the schedule wrong and it actually didn't open until an hour after we thought. So we were one of the first people in the park. Which was fun. We got to stand right at the rope, and we were the 2nd people on Peter Pan. That was amazing! We were able to do so many rides in those first couple hours it was awesome.

We did Buzz about 5 times in a row. It is a family favorite, and Spencer is kind of obsessed with it. Even now he asks me every day if we can "Go Buzz Lightyear 'gin".

Later in the day we headed over to California Adventure. Spencer loves the 3D glasses. He is so funny. (I just realized that this is a post mostly about Disneyland according to Spencer. But he is just so cute! I will include my other children in part 2.) We spent the rest of the day over there and saw World of Color. We were able be in the very front and it was so awesome!! I love the shows. That is the magic of Disney for me: seeing the smiles on my kids faces and watching the shows!
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of Spencer with the Astro Blaster...ha ha So cute!! Disney Land is so fun!
Post a Comment