Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Poor Spency

On Sunday we were out at Scot's brothers house for dinner. Spencer was having a great time jumping off the couch. (This is frequent occurence for him.) Well after one of his jumps, Lucy jumped right on top of him. He started crying. I tried to sooth him. He would not be soothed. This is very unusual for him. He usually takes a bump and keeps on going. He is a very busy little boy. But he was pretty upset. I knew something was wrong.
Monday we took him to the doctor, and had an xray. The doctor didn't see anything on the xray so he sent us home. He told us he would let us know as soon as the Radiologist had a chance to look at the xray. That evening was not fun. He was miserable. I knew something was wrong.
Tuesday, I called the doctor I told them that something was wrong and that we were bringing him in again. He couldn't put any weight on his foot at all. So they still couldn't find anything for sure, but they put a splint in his leg. The Radiologists computers were down, so he still hadn't looked at it. It helped a lot because he couldn't move it. So he wasn't in constant pain.
A couple hours later I got a call the Radiologist found a hairline fracture in his Tibia. I knew something was wrong.
Wednesday I took him to the Orthopedic doctor to get it casted. He doesn't like the cast, but he is in a lot less pain.
I just noticed that Lucy is picking her nose in this picture. Awesome. Spencer likes the walking boot on his cast. But he keeps asking us to take it off.
This is what he will be doing a lot of the next 4 weeks. Sitting on the couch watching cartoons. Poor kid! I am glad that his is in less pain, and hopefully he will get used to the cast soon. In a few days he should be able to walk on it.

3 comments:

kecia said...

oh his cast is so cute....it looks bigger than him! HOpe he feels better soon!

Becca B said...

I'm so glad it's not just our kids that jump off of a couches whenever they can get away with it.

Michelle said...

OUch! Poor guy. Love the red cast... I'm surprised you didn't get him a navy blue one. :P