January has got to be my least favorite month of the year. It is such a let down after the holidays, and it is so cold (especially this year) and gray. And we have inversions, and for the most part not a lot to look forward to. But I will try to recap the few positive things that happened in this dreary month.
Most importantly, Scot and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. It is a little crazy that we have been married that long, but I guess when you look at our kids ages it makes sense. I often wonder what we were thinking when we decided to get married in January. But at least it gives us one fun thing to get excited about. I am very lucky to have such a great husband! The kids gave us a "party". They planned for it in secret all morning and then that afternoon they invited us to the girl's room for our surprise party. We did the limbo and played anniversary bingo. The bingo was very cute. They made the cards themselves. We loved it. Then we celebrated that night with a visit to the temple and dinner at Red Lobster.

Another thing we enjoy in January, is the begining of the Utah Gymnastics season. The girls love going to the meets with their aunts and cousins. And the boys hang out at home.

Lucy also started primary. She loves going and especially singing time. It is just a shame that she had a black eye her first day from slipping in the shower. She now knows that dancing in the shower is a bad idea.

Probably the biggest change for us in January was Scot's parents leaving on a mission to the San Diego Mormon Battalion visitors center. It was such an amazing experience! We are truly blessed to have them be able to have this opportunity. We know that the Lord's hand was in getting them there. And they are loving it so far. We miss them, but we are so grateful that they have been blessed with good health and are able to do this.
So there were some fun things, but overall I am glad that the month is over, and so far February is looking up.
No comments:
Post a Comment