The end of last month Scot and I were lucky enough to be able to take a trip to Tahiti and the Society Islands. At Scot's work he has the opportunity to earn a trip every year if he exceeds his quota by a certain amount. Usually there are only 3 or 4 people that qualify. This year there were 15. That made it really fun to have lots of fun couples around.
The flight is long, but not the longest I have ever been on. And I didn't have any kids to deal with. (Thanks to great family who took awesome care of them.) So Scot and I relaxed and enjoyed the flight together. We read and talked and played lots of Boggle.
When we arrived in Tahiti it was already dark and we had to go straight to the cruise ship. But it was cool that we got to exit the plane by the stairs. That always makes me feel important.
When we got off the plane there were ladies there that greeted us with flowers and a group playing polynesian music. It was fun. Then when we met with the ladies that transferred us to the cruise ship the gave us flower leis. So fun.
When we arrived at the ship we checked into the Paul Gaughin. It is a small luxury cruise ship with only 330 passengers. So you pretty much recognized everyone on the ship after a couple days, especially since we knew 30 of them. Most of the rooms had balconys and we had one of those. The service on the ship was amazing. THere are 220 employees so there was always someone to help if you needed it.
We loved being out on the balcony!! I don't know if I can do a cruise without one now. It was so nice, and since the weather was amazing we spent a lot of time out there. The had 24 hour complementary room service, so we ate on the balcony a lot.
One of our favorite things to do was to sit out on the balcony as the islands came into view. I was so beautiful! And you got a different perspective of each island. Everything is so green and tropical on all of the islands. But they each had their own unique things.
To be continued....
1 comment:
this looks FABULOUS! So glad you guys could get away like this!
Post a Comment