Friday, October 29, 2010

Another one bites the dust

So last night Scot was out on visits, and I was getting the kids to bed. I told Ben to go get his pajamas on, and I went to rock Spencer and lay him down. Well shortly after I got upstairs I heard a thud and Ben start to scream. I could tell he was hurt, but I wasn't that worried about it because he didn't sound too upset. Then I hear Emma start to scream about how Ben was going to need stiches. (Sound familar?) I still wasn't convinced that it was that tragic, but I figured I better go check it out. So I quickly took care of Spencer, and went to investigate. Sure enough Ben had a gash in his chin. He had been running up the steps and tripped and hit his face on the floor at the top. After I cleaned it up and took a good look at it, it looked like it needed to be stiched. So I called Scot to come home. We both laughed because it sounded so familar, just a different child. Then I ran Ben to the Urgent Care. And 45 minutes, and 2 stiches later we were done. I really hope that this isn't becoming a frequent activity at our house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!! NOT! OH well, stitches build character. P.S....my scale must be lying, because I also lost two inches around my waist in the last week...but I wish it weren't lying so bad...he he...denial is so great sometimes!

Michelle said...

It is a wonder that any of us make it to adulthood. I'm glad you have an insta-care close by and good health insurance. :P

Heidi Mae said...

You haven't had the full experience of motherhood until you've had to rush someone to the doctor for stitches. ;)