Monday, October 18, 2010

Primary Program

Yesterday was my kids Primary Program. Since I am Ben's primary teacher I got to participate. It has been a long time since I got to participate in the program and it was a very sweet experience for me. I was able to really get a glimpse of the sweet spirits inside these little people. To start off the program we sang the sang "I know that my Savior loves me". It is such a beautiful song. And I had a hard time getting through it in the primary room so I knew I was going to be in trouble on program day. And sure enough, I was getting teary two sentences into the song. But how can you not be when he hear these amazing children singing "I did not touch him or sit on his knee, but Jesus is real to me. Yet Jesus is real to me" And then with all their hearts they sang "I know he lives." And I know that they do know that, and it was such a testimony to me. That really a testimony is the simplest things. And so grateful that my children (both my own and my amazing primary class) know that our Savior lives.
Of course it was great to hear my kids give their parts, and they did so wonderfully without a hitch. But the other part that really touched me is when they sang "I hope they call my on a mission". I was fine until I looked over at the kids in my class, especially the three adorable boys (one of them is Ben), and I was so touched as the spirit bore witness to me of the powerful missionaries this next generation will be. But then I was emotional because I saw a glimpse into the future that made me realize how fast my son is growing up.
I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father allows us these sweet moments to see the amazing spirits my children and all the other children have inside them. They are so mature and wise beyond their years in spiritual things. I always love the primary program, but this year it touched me even more.

1 comment:

kecia said...

I cry every time I hear or sing this song too! I noticed you crying in the program and it made me even worse! Then I looked over at Bree and she was signing the song and I totally lost it! Thanks for being a fabulous teacher to Adrie!