Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Girls weekend to Cedar

Last weekend I headed to Cedar City for a girls weekend with my mom and sisters. My sister Marlayna, lives in Cedar with her husband Dave. But I didn't even take a single picture of them. What a slacker. It was great to see them, and to spend some time with them. Even though they both have jobs, so we mostly spent time with them late at night. And they live with crazy people, so that made things interesting. Hopefully they will get out of there soon. When we got there Thursday we grabbed some quick dinner, and dessert. (of course)
And then we headed to the Shakespearean Festival. We saw a play called "Greater Tuna". It was funny, very funny. There were some mildly offensive things, but they were done with such good humor that it was fine.
Then we headed to the house where Meymo and Dave live to meet Dave. He hadn't had dinner, so we went to Applebees so he could eat, and we could have dessert, twice. Marlayna didn't get back until about 1 am so we waited for her, and chatted for a little while longer.
On Friday we took a quick tour of Meymo's work, and then headed to St. George.
We did a little shopping and then Annaliese had to go to Hungry Howies for lunch. Unfortunately I slammed my little finger in the car door. That did not make the experience very pleasant, but the food was tasty. But not very good for me. We ate it picnic style.
Then we went to the spa. It was so great!! We each had a massage, a facial and a pedicure. Oh so relaxing! It was the best massage that I have ever had. I am already missing it.
That night we had a quick dinner and went to a late movie. We saw "You again" it was pretty funny. But the best part was watching Annaliese. There is a lot of high school behavior in it, and she just couldn't get over it. She was laughing so hard I thought she might pass out!
And then of course we had to go get dessert.
The next morning we were planning to get up early and drive home. But my mom woke up sick and could hardly get out of bed. So after getting a blessing and hanging out a couple hours, she felt like she could at least get to the car. And I drove home. Fortunately about half way home she was feeling a lot better. Not a great way to end the trip. But it was an awesome trip. Thanks to a great friend, and my mother in law who watched my kids for me. And a big thank you to the best husband ever for realizing that I needed a little time away from the kids, even though he and I have hardly seen each other for the last two weeks. And another big thank you to my mom for a great trip!!

1 comment:

kecia said...

this looks like an awesome getaway! Oh and thanks for sharing about Lucy! She is so sweet! I have been telling all my family about how she said Bree was teaching her spanish and they laughed hysterically!