You know sometimes it is funny how our kids teach us things without even meaning too, and with their best intentions not too. When Scot is out of town, I have a hard time doing the whole Family Home Evening thing. But I have really felt like lately that I need to do better. So I thought to myself that if I invite over my parents then I would have more motivation to do it. Ok so that part of my plan was great. I was excited to have some adult company in my evening and Emma and Ben were excited to give the lesson and worked on it a large portion of the afternoon. My mom helped out and we had a yummy meal, although there was much complaining from the troops. But then things got loud and crazy! My children only have one volume, and it is really really loud. And they were running around and it was just overall crazy! So finally I got my kids to bed a few minutes ago and I was checking my email and I thought "Why do I bother? Honestly did anyone get anything out of that?" I certainly thought that I didn't. But then it hit me. Our "lesson" was on faith. And while Emma and Ben said very little about faith, there was a play and a story and an object lesson that didn't quite work out, I learned about faith. The whole evening was an excercise in faith. Now I don't know that results yet, but I do know that we have been told of the great blessings of having consistent family home evening. And they are blessings that I want for my family with all of my heart, so here it is, my leap of faith. And we are going to have Family Home Evening if it kills us all. So even though my faith is still in the testing phase, I hope to be able to "endure all things". I guess I did get something out of the lesson afterall. Maybe someday my kids will too.
4 comments:
40 is better than 41...you are a far better woman than I....hands down no contest, but I'm glad to see that you have human moments where you think why bother...it makes me feel like maybe one day I'll catch up to you!
love this thought....it is oh so true!
I knew I made a good choice for my best friend...I think that is how Mater says it...you know he is pretty smart. love you
I think you struck a chord with every mom. We are trying the same business with scripture study. Crazy...but in a good way!
Keep at it, it will eventually pay off (right?). Good luck!
Post a Comment