The first week of school is always a little tricky to keep the little kids happy. They miss the older ones entertaining them. I miss the older ones entertaining them too. So we decided to take advantage of another $2 Tuesday. This time we went to the farm. Spencer and Lucy love animals, so I thought this would be as hit, but I didn't realize how big a hit at the time.

First we met my sister in law Amy and my neice Emily. Lucy and Emily are great buddies! They love spending time together. The other day I asked Lucy who her best friend was, expecting her to say one of her neighborhood friends, but she said "Emily". It took me by surprise at first, so I said, "You mean your cousin?" And she said, "Yes, she can be my friend too right?" I thought it was so sweet. Of course she can be your best friend! They had such a great time together, chasing after each other and playing.


Then the girls saw the pony rides. They had to go on one. They were sooo excited! But the line was sooooo long. So we waited in the line. It took us about 45 minutes, but the girls were great at entertaining each other. Both of us moms were worried that we would wait all that time and then get up there and have them both be scared and not go. But they were excited to ride their horsies, and had a great time. Spencer was so excited when I put him on the pony, but as soon as it moved he got a little nervous. But I put my hand on his back and he calmed down and by the end he was even laughing. It was a nervous little laugh, but I think he liked it.
After awhile, and pretty much seeing the whole farm (it isn't that big), Amy had to go. But I stayed since some of my friends from the ward came to meet up with us. I didn't think my kids would last much longer, and seeing all the same animals again, but they surprised me. Lucy was having so much fun with all her friends, that whenever I suggested it, she didn't want to go. So we stayed. She loved picking up the animal food off the ground and feeding it to the animals. All the kids could have done that for hours.

They especially loved playing in the little play houses. They all are so cute togther and have so much fun.

We actually did get them all gathered together at the end for a picture. Kind of amazing!

And then we got ice cream. I kind of felt bad because Lucy and Spencer's kiddie cones were free, but I can't eat the ice cream, so it didn't cost me anything. That part was great, but I was kind of feeling like maybe I should have bought something. Since the whole day only cost me $4. I got my money's worth. That's for sure.
2 comments:
Glad we did it! It was lots of fun!
I LOVE that picture of Lucy and Emily!! I definitely want a copy! Thanks for inviting us, we had a great time!
Post a Comment