Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We probably are a little crazy...

When I would tell people that we had a trip planned to Disneyland right before Christmas they would tell me it sounds like fun, but are you crazy. Well I determined that we are a little nuts to try this, but it was so much fun! It was so much busier than I expected, but the Christmas atmosphere was amazing. I just wanted to walk around and soak it all in The kids and I drove down with my mom and sister Annaliese, then in Cedar City we began a caravan with Marlayna and her husband Dave. They could only stay for a couple days but it was so fun to have them with us! Scot flew straight from Texas and met us in California. He flew home early but I was so glad that he could work it out to come for a couple days. The kids especially loved having him there.
It was awesome to get our annual Santa picture with the Santa at Disneyland! They even had live reindeer. I had never seen a live reindeer before. The line was kind of a nightmare but they had coloring activties for the kids.

The highlight for Ben was getting to see reindeer Pluto. He saw a picture of him before we left and that was his goal. We were lucky to hit just the right timing to get him.
We got up early and left late every day. Lucy just couldn't take the long hours. Fortunately, instead of having meltdowns, she would just lay back in the stroller and go to sleep about 7. Then when we were done we would take her back to the hotel and put her to bed without much of a fuss.
I was really surprised that Spencer got as excited as he did about everything. He loved looking around and seeing everything. He even loved going on rides. He especially loved the carosel. Look how big he looks on that horse!
One of the unique Christmas things we participated in was the goodies. They had so many yummy Christmas treats all over the park. Before we left we heard about the handmade candy canes that they make only once a week. They make less than 150 of them the whole season. So Scot waited in the crazy line to get a ticket that allowed us to buy some of the candy canes. They were huge and very yummy. Emma was the biggest fan!
Probably my favorite part of the decorations was to see everything at night. I didn't get great pictures, but it was all so amazing! The very best part was Small World. It was totally covered in lights and inside was decorated like Christmas. We all loved it. I could have gone 20 times.



Of course all the decorations were amazing, because no one does it like disney.
My girls in their matching minnie ears.

Isn't he so cute!?
I was so glad we went. We may never get to go at Christmas again, and it was awesome! Thanks mom for driving all that way and helping me with the kids!











3 comments:

Becca B said...

Thank you for all the pictures. It was good to hear all about your trip!

Michelle said...

Looks like lots of fun.... next time pick me up on the way south. :)

kecia said...

OHHHH I REALLY want to go there right now! It looks like so much fun! It makes me want to go at christmas to see it all decked out! I can't believe Lucy would just fall asleep and then stay asleep!