Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! We always go to my mom's house. We make a big yummy dinner. It is also my brother's birthday so that makes it kind of fun too. After dinner we exchange our gifts too each other. Everyone always comes up with such great ideas. This year my sister made us a family monopoly game. It was so awesome I can't even tell you. One of my sister in laws made these adorable Christmas count downs. The only sad part is I can't use it until next year. My kids made all of their gifts for their cousins and they turned out so cute. I was really proud of them. Every year we do a sub for santa with my family. We all take a part and help out. We delivered it on Christmas Eve this year. We had the kids dress as elves and put the presents on the porch. It was really cute.
My Grandma joined us for dinner. It was great to see her. Her health hasn't been the greatest lately so we are always happy when she feels well enough to come. Lucy loves my Grandma. (Which I think is so cute since her middle name is named after her.)

Spencer opening his first present of Christmas. I was really surprised, but he wasn't not excited about the opening of gifts. All my other kids loved to tear open the paper and then didn't care what was inside. He was so excited about the presents inside, he wanted us to take everything out the of the boxes right then so he could play with it.The last present we open is from my parents and it is always pajamas. I love this tradition! This year my mom decided we all needed to put our pajamas on and model them before we could go home. Scot was not a fan of that plan, but he was a trooper and did it anyway. I on the other hand, loved the plan! These are some of the kids in their pjs.
Lucy and I both got penguin pajamas!
My cute boys. They both got puppy pajamas. My mom always find the cutest jammies.
Then it was home to bed she if Santa came....





1 comment:

Julie said...

My family all did a sub for santa this year too. The kids LOVED it. I love the idea of the kids dressing up as elves. I'll have to remember that for next year. Love the Christmas jammies.