We promised Lucy that when she turned 4 she could have a party with her friends. Months ago, she decided she wanted to have a princess party. She has been planning this inside her head, and every few days she would come up with something else we should do at her party. Well, we couldn't possibly
accommodate all her wishes, but we did do the things she wanted to do most.

First of all she wanted everyone to
dress up like princesses. It was so fun to have all her little friends dressed as the cute little princesses they all are. Lucy had to be
Rapunzal.

They each got to decorate their own crown and treat bags. It was pretty hilarious. Pretty much it was all about how many things they could fit on the crown or bag. Emma, my mom, and sister helped out with the party and it was a huge help to have them sitting with the girls and helping them. Nine 2-4 year
olds have very short attention spans. Which I knew would be the case, but we tried to have lots of short little activities and it mostly kept them entertained.

One thing Lucy wanted more than anything was a pinata. She had seen some pictures of a princess party that Emma had when she was little and there was a dragon pinata. She decided she wanted to "slay the dragon" too. She loved going to the store and picking out her cool black dragon. But as I suspected, the girls were a little lightweight when it came to whacking the candy out. So I called in Ben and my nephews and
reinforcements.

They did a fine job whacking up the dragon, and my nephew Sam was thrilled to be the final dragon slayer. He even wanted to keep the head.

Then after a few more little games, we had cake and ice cream. (I love this picture of Lucy's friend Avery.) For the most part, they all just licked off the frosting.

Then, Lucy's favorite part, the presents. Her friends (or should I say friends moms) know her well. She loved all her gifts and had to pose with every one of them. I didn't want to post all the pictures. What a cheese ball.
I was so glad that so many of her friends and cousins (she tells me that cousins can be friends too) could come. It was so much fun! But then I was exhausted.
1 comment:
looks like such a fun party! Thanks for inviting Bree!
Post a Comment