Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Windsor and the pub...

On Friday we decided to take it a little easier and not go into London. I think the kids were ready for a little respite from the busy train schedules. Plus, Scot and I love Windsor and it wasn't too far from where we were staying. Fortunately our friends had a car that we could use. Scot was in his element cruising on those little country roads and the wrong side of the street. I was glad he got to drive some, but it still makes me nervous sometimes when he feel like the cars are coming right at you. Windsor castle was great! Emma and Lucy loved going inside a real castle. They had some fun scavenger hunt type activities for the kids and they were different for different age groups. They all loved that. There is also and amazing doll house and dolls that the girls (including me) just loved.
After touring the castle we went to a pizza place and had a great lunch. They had some awesome pizza choices which Scot and I liked, and the kids just liked that it was pizza. Then we did a little shopping and headed back to the house.
As you can see our kids were exhausted!
That night we treated our friends to dinner at a local pub. We also wanted our kids to have this truly English experience. The food was great and the pub was very kid friendly. Our kids also had so much fun with their kids. It was a great time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. speaking of doing a little shopping, we loved our chocolate...we all enjoyed it! I had the bar up on my dresser and one day I caught Heinz reaching up breaking the bar and eating it with Willy. They looked quite pleased to find such a yummy treat. Thanks for thinking of us!

Becca B said...

I never got to see Windsor. It was being renovated after a fire. But because of that, they had Buckingham Palace open for tours.

Cool. I didn't know there were pubs that were kid-friendly even at night.

Michelle said...

I would go crazy driving on the "wrong" side of the road!

In the photo with Ben and the blonde girl I saw the blonde woman in the photo looking down and I wondered why she would do that. Then I looked at the second photo and realized that it wasn't a WOMAN at all, it was Emma! Um, your kids are growing up waaaaaay too fast - especially in photos. ;)