Well, I have almost finished posting about our trip, but I had a few final things I wanted to get down before I forget...

The first time it really hit me that we were actually in London with our kids was when we first came out of the tube on the first day and saw Trafalgar Square. I really almost started crying. It was so cool to be there all together and to share this experience with our kids. Obviously not all of them will remember, but Scot and I will and it meant a lot to us. Now a month later I look back and it seems a little unreal that we went, but I love to look back and the pictures and relive the moments. (I guess that is the good part about being so far behind on my blog.)

On the last day of our trip I woke up throwing up. That was not a good thing! Fortunately Scot and Harri gave me a blessing. The rest of the day I was a little out of it, but by 3 am the next morning when we had to get up to make our flight I was feeling so much better. Truly a miracle! I can't imagine how bad it would have been trying to deal with the kids, and fly and everything while being sick.
Even though I wasn't feeling well, we still really wanted to go and see the London temple. I was so glad that we did! It was beautiful! And it reminded me the importance of our eternal family.

The kids had a great time together playing on the grounds. They had these cool bushes that they went and played in. They were very muddy by the end.

I love this picture. It was so cool how the temple is refelcted in the lake.

One of the things that was so fun about our trip is how well our kids got along with the Myllyla kids. They still talk about them all the time. In fact the other day Ben got first place on Mario Kart and asked if he could call Matias to tell him. I thought that was cute.
This is the cute group of friends (Spencer didn't really play much with the kids.) Lucy, Topias, Ben, Elli, Emma and Matias.

The girls!

The boys.

We loved their cute school uniforms.

We had so much fun together. We hope that we will be able to all get together soon again. No small feat with the distance apart we live.
1 comment:
We have enjoyed reading about your trip. I've tried to tell Heinz about where you were, he didn't care, he was just excited to see pictures of your kids...hehe.
Post a Comment