Later the first day we went to the Tower of London. I knew that the kids weren't going to have patience to see the whole thing, but I also knew that Lucy and Emma would love seeing the crown jewels. So we went. And I was right. The girls loved the jewels, Lucy especially. Emma wanted to see more the exhibits in the differents buildings, but after a few, Ben and Lucy were done. But I was still glad that we went.
Right after we went in, I went to change Spencer's diaper and Emma was purusing the map. A pigeon flew by and pooped right on her map. It was pretty funny! Then she was all concerned that we didn't have another map. Fortunately they gave us another.
After that we went to the Tower Bridge. The Tower Bridge is one of my most favorite sites in London. I think it is beautiful! This time we decided to take the tour inside. It was really cool. We got to walk along the top of the bridge and got amazing views. We also learned a lot about why and how it was built. We even got to visit the engine rooms that raise the bridge for big boats. There were even some interactive things for the kids. It was really fun!
Part of the tour we had to follow this blue line to show us the next place to go. Lucy and Ben took the following very litterally. They walked right on the line. It was pretty cute.
After our adventurous day in London we rode the train back to our friends home in Woking. There we had fish and chips. We wanted our kids to have this English experience, but I really didn't think they would eat much. They loved it! All of them ate a lot of fish, and chips.
4 comments:
What an amazing trip for your family! Love it (and maybe really jealous too)!
I love that picture of Lucy on the cannon...too cute! I love hearing about the trip!
that's so funny about the pigeon!
Totally craving fish n' chips now (w/ plenty o' salt & malt vinegar). It's cool reading about the tower bridge here this morning after seeing Sherlock Holmes with David last night.
Post a Comment