Sunday, September 14, 2008

Utah Football

It must be fall, because football has started. One of our favorite family traditions with Scot's family is going to all the home Utah football games. It is something we always look forward too. This is often how it looks. We actually have ten seats (five in front, and five in back), but the kids all like to crowd around Grandma. Usually we have a few more adults to sit in the back row with me, but for some reason I ended up being the only one back there. It was kind of nice. I actually got to watch the game.
Ben's favorite part is the tubas. Emma loves being with her cousins and grandma. Lucy just isn't quite sure how she feels about it yet. We all love being outside (except when it rains and snows), being together with family, and cheering on our Utes.
Ben was so cute at the first game. He actually was really interested in what was going on. He wanted to know all about football. I guess it starts early with these boys.
Oh I should also mention why there are no men with us... They all work up in the press box during the game. On many occasions people have wondered at all these ladies and kids. My favorite was the guy who told us we were either crazy or the biggest U fans he had ever seen. We are probably a little bit of both.

5 comments:

kecia said...

i love fall football too-it would be fun to have tickets with the whole family like that!

DeDee said...

Go UTES! What fun traditions that they'll always remember!

Michelle said...

I hope you guys are really early....otherwise I'm kinda worried about attendance at the games. :) Are you supporting the team by buying up ALL of the unpurchased tickets????

(hee hee hee)

Cute picture. Your children are adorable!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Oh no... you're RED! Just kidding! I love fall football too! Your kids will love that fun family tradition!

PS... Gooooooo Cougars!

Jenni said...

It's too bad you can't get more fans to the games, y'know....

We do the same thing (only in Provo and wearing blue, of course) - haul the entire brood to the games. We like to call it indoctrination. It is the one real privilege we have as parents - brainwash them young.