Monday, September 8, 2008

Emma's Baptism

As usual this has been a crazy weekend. I have so much to blog about. But I thought Emma's baptism should take first priority.
Emma was baptized on Sunday. It was a great meeting! Scot did a wonderful job baptizing and confirming her. It was a very emotional day for all of us. But one of the best days of my life! She got a baptism journal and was writing in it and she wrote about how she could feel her dad's tears hitting her on the head. It was very sweet.
It is really hard to put into words the way I felt. I was so overwhelmed with so many feelings. I can't believe my little girl is old enough for this. Time just goes too fast. It was just a few days ago I was changing her into her white dress for her blessing. But yesterday it was a white baptism dress. She looked beautiful! Emma has grown up so much over the last few months, it has been exciting but kind of hard to see. Eight is such a big year! My sister Annaliese was so nice to let Emma wear the dress she was baptised in when she was baptised. Annaliese and Emma have a very special relationship (kind of more like sisters) and it meant so much to Emma to be able to wear it.

After her baptism she wore a beautiful white princess dress that her Grandma Pam gave her. She looked like an angel!
Afterwards we invited everyone over for dinner and treats. It was fun to talk and celebrate!
We were so grateful to everyone who participated in the program, helped out with the dinner, and came to support Emma. We have such great family and friends!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

She looks so adorable. Where did the time go?? It's been 8 years already!?

You look great too! I can't believe you're pregnant. Cute skirt!

DeDee said...

The tears....that is so cute! What a precious memory!

kecia said...

she looked so pretty in her fancy white dress! I was crying during the first song! what a neat day!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Congrats Emma! I remember feeling so big at 8. They grow up fast! I love her fancy white dress! So pretty!