Friday, June 20, 2008

Camping?

Last weekend we went camping at Cherry Hill with Scot's family. It wasn't the rugged, mountainous camping we are used to, but it was still a lot of fun. And I don't mind having flushing toilets either. We slept in tents, played mini golf, and other games. What more do you need for a fun weekend. (A campfire would have been fun, but Lucy probably would have just dived into it anyway. It was hard enough to keep her in the campsite.) Cute cousins enjoying their dinner. (Well, what little of it they ate anyway.)
The only boys in the bunch! Scot's parents have 7 1/2 grandchildren. Luke and Ben are the only boys. We keep telling them they have to stick togther.
What would a camping trip be without a midmorning nap for Papa Woody. (Actually come to think of it, what would any day be without a Papa Woody nap.)
Getting ready for mini golf! All the kids were so excited! It was really busy and we had to do lots of waiting. That is a hard thing for kids. Fortunately because of the back up, we didn't have to enforce the six stroke rule. I don't think we got over 12.
Juicy even got her own little ball and putter. She thought it was really fun for about the first 5 holes. Then she got really tired.
Emma kept trying to golf like Sharpay on High School Musical 2. We had to explain over and over that she was putting, not trying to get to the green.
Ben loved golfing too, he kept losing his ball but it was fun anyway. At the end, Ben and Emma both had 90 and Scot and I were in the 60's. They were so excited because they thought they had won. In fact they did have the highest score of all the aunts and uncles and everybody. It wasn't until a few days later when Scot was watching the US Open that Emma realized that you want less points and that they had actually lost. Oops! We tried to make them think they were the best.

5 comments:

DeDee said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't been there, but I really want to. Is the water park pretty clean?

Michelle said...

Your trip sounds fun!

I do have to comment on Scot watching the US Open. To me, watching golf is like watching a tree grow. (BORING) ;)

Julie said...

I remember going camping there every summer when I was growing up. I LOVED it. I haven't ever taken my kids...something fun we should do! Cute pictures...looks like the kids had a great time.

Woodbury Fam said...

We actually didn;t go to the water park, so I am not sure as to it's status.
And I agree about watching golf. I would much rather watch paint dry than golf on tv.

kecia said...

wow you sure have been doing lots of fun things! no wonder we havent' seen you.