
Bora Bora was one of my favorite places. We got to spend 2 days there, which was so great. I loved that we just stayed docked there so we got to look out on the sunset and the sunrise . It was so beautiful! When we were on the ship I spent most of the time out on the balcony just enjoying the wonderful weather and scenery.

The first day we decided to bike around the island. We had been told that there was only one hill (there were actually 2) and that is wasn't too hard. It just under 20 miles all the way around. We started out with two other couples from our group. One of them only made it about an hour into it. The other did go all the way around but we weren't together the whole time.
The ride really was amazing, but it was harder than I had anticipated. Mostly because of the heat. It was so hot! And the rented bikes weren't so great, there were no speeds or anything so sometimes that made it hard.

Because of the heat, we would stop and get in the water to help us cool off. We brought our snorkel gear, but didn't end up snorkeling. The reefs were too far out. So we would cool off and move on.

It really was so beautiful, except for when we biked past the garbage dump. And for a time we were biking behind the garbage truck, that wasn't so fun. But is was amazing to get to see all sides of the island. So we stopped a lot and took pictures and just enjoyed the day. (I tried to take pictures while biking. It wasn't the best idea.)

Just before we had made our full circle we stopped at the most famous resturaunt on Bora Bora called Bloody Mary's. It was a fun atmosphere. The floor is covered with sand, you feel like you are outside. Except it isn't as hot.
We made it all the way around in about 6 hours, including stops. I didn't think that was too bad.
The second day we went over to the island in the morning and did some shopping. They are famous for black pearls, in all degrees of quality. But a lot of the locals sit and sell wares of inexpensive pearls or necklaces made of shells of mother of pearl. It was an interesting place to walk around.
Later in the day we had a snorkeling excursion. It was fun to go out on a boat around the island.

The water was amazing! It is so many different colors. The pictures just don't do it justice.

First we swam with the rays. I was pretty nervous at first. I mean this is where they live and they have their spears in and everything. Not like the tame ones at the aquarium. After a little while I was able to snorkel with them and it was cool, just as long as they didn't touch me. I didn't like it when they got anywhere near me. But it was a cool thing to do.

Then we went out to the coral gardens and snorkeled there. It was amazing!! I loved every minute of it. I could have stayed out even longer than they let us. We saw so many different kinds of fish, in so many sizes and colors. We also saw clams in lots of colors. I had no idea that they were so many colors. I even saw one open up. It was cool.


Then we headed back to the ship and said goodbye to Bora Bora with an amazing sunset.
3 comments:
that water...and sunset....look amazing!!! HOw fun! I want to be somewhere warm right now!
I'm enjoying these. Thanks for posting 'em. Helps me take a virtual vacation for a minute.
You got amazing shots. That water is unbelievably. It brings back memories of St. John's, but it wasn't quite that cool. What an awesome trip!
Post a Comment