Thursday, March 17, 2011

Huahine

Our first stop was an island called Huahine. It was the least exciting of our stops, but I guess it was good that it was first because we didn't know any different.

We had to ride on these "buses" to get the the nearest town to walk around. Ok it may have been the only town on the island. It wasn't a very big place.



We walked along the water to a beautiful beach and snorkeled. I had never snorkeled before and I was a little nervous. But I loved it. We snorkeled a lot after that. It is so amazing to be right there were the fish live. It's a little crazy. I did have to keep reminding myself not to hold my breath, that even though I was under the water I could actually breath. Kind of a weird feeling. But I got used to it.

The water is so clear. It is so amazing! Even though I had heard that before, I was amazed every day by just how clear it is.





Everything was so pretty. And this was the least pretty of all of the islands we visited. It is so green and there are palm trees everywhere.

When we got back to the ship we decided to play a little shuffle board. It was an old people thing to do. But surprisingly we were the only people I ever saw play suffle board that whole trip. We had fun anyway, it turned into quite a competition.

We had a dinner planned for the whole group together that night. But the ship was moving and the ocean was really rocky that night. A lot of us got sea sick. I wasn't the first to leave, but I certainly didn't make it to the end. Scot was fine, but I had to go back to the room and sit out on the balcony for awhile. I heard the next day that only 12 of the 30 of us made it through the whole dinner.
To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun!!! For the shirt I just took scrapes that I had and messed around with it until I got something I liked...there was no order to the madness, but I loved how it turned out!
Sorry we haven't been able to come, the kids have had horrible coughs that make them throw up, and now Elianna has it along with a fever and popping in two teeth....but the projectile vomit that the cough induces is not fun...I need to take the baby into the Dr today...she is miserable. The boys have felt fine, just coughing a ton!

kecia said...

it looks amazing!!! it was fun going to dinner the other night!