We started out on Saturday by joining my family for the East Milcreek breakfast...
Afterwards, we went over to the carnival. Now that is always a big hit with the kids. It was a little crazy, because Scot had gone back to my parents house to help him trim the bushes. So I was a little tricky getting all the kids with an adult, at the games and activities they wanted to do. Face painting, however, was something all the kids wanted to do (except Hyrum, he thought it was girly). They waited patiently in a long line, but were very excited about the outcome.
The whole time in the line Sam kept saying that he wanted a pirate eye patch. Then he got up there and requested a snake. We were a little surprised, but it turned out so cute. I mean manly.
Ben wanted to look like the Pluto on his shirt. (I thought it kind of looked like a tiger.)
Lucy and Emily went for patriotic. And they are such cute buddies.
I felt really bad for the lady doing Emma's face. She had a lot of requests. I had to reign her in a little. It did turn out really cute though.
Later that evening, we went and met Scot's family up at the Eaglewood Golf Course for fireworks. It has kind of become a family tradition. Until this year, I have had to leave before the fireworks, because Ben was terrified of them. This year he told me he could handle it, and he did. I was proud of him for conquering his fears. Maybe that is something we have gotten out of all of our trips to Disneyland. Even though he has been wearing ear plugs for those. Not anymore though. While we waited we had dinner, and played around, and relaxed. Scot and the guys played lots of throwing games. Literally for hours.
The kids dug in the sand trap... for hours. They were quite sandy.
Emma wanted to practice her recently aquired Speed skills. So she challenged many people to several games.
Then we watched the fireworks and they were awesome. A great day to kick off the celebrations.
1 comment:
You got some really cute pictures! It was a fun weekend! I wish I was more on top of things and caught up on my blog. Hopefully soon. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment