Thursday, July 22, 2010

Aquarium Adventure

So I had my mom watch my kids while a ran a quick errand. I came back to find them all sitting on the porch eating ice cream. They told me that grandpa (my dad) had stopped by the house for a few minutes and bought them ice cream from the ice cream man. (Something he never would have done when we were kids.) They loved it! And true to my dad's form, he made sure they each had bibs and wash cloths so that they didn't make too big of a mess. Now I am not saying that my kids don't make a huge mess of ice cream, because they do, but they were sitting on the front porch. I don't think the cement would sustain much damage. Ben is very much like my father in many ways. He ate his ice cream like this, over his wash cloth. He doesn't like to be messy.
It was very sweet of my dad to get the kids ice cream. He is a softie with his grandkids.
After the ice cream, it was time to go and meet the rest of the grandkids for an Adventure Day at the Aquarium. I was very excited as well, because I hadn't seen the new penguins yet.

We all had a great time. It was so cute to see these little girls getting up on their tip toes to see inside the aquariums. A highlight of the day was petting the stingrays. They all kept running from side to side to try to get them, but then they would actually miss the ones that were coming around to where they had just been. Finally we convinced them to stay more or less in one spot. Then they all had a chance to touch at least one. We spent quite a bit of time at that spot. We also spent a lot of time at the penguin exhibit. I have raised my kids right. They all love penguins too. And they were really active and fun to watch when we were there. It was another fun Adventure Day! I love that all my kids cousins live close. And that they are such good friends. It makes things so much more fun. Thanks mom for a great day.

2 comments:

kecia said...

i love that you do these adventure days!! So fun!!

kecia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.