I can't believe the lazy days of summer are over. Part of me is glad for the return of the schedule, but a big part of me misses the lazy mornings.
We were able to do some fun things the last week of summer...

Our good friends invited us over for a backyard movie night. They set up a projector and we watched the Hannah Montana movie on blankets and mattresses in their back yard. They made popcorn and homemade rootbeer. It was so much fun. The kids loved it! We hadn't seen the movie before and Emma & Lucy absolutely loved it. Ben probably did too, but he didn't want to admit too much.

Since Scot's mom is a teacher we try to get together with her and the cousins and kids to scrapbook in the summer. I haven't made it out there too often. But I was able to go out for one last hurrah! Cham had all her grandkids there, and while it was a little crazy at times, we had a lot of fun. The kids love playing with their cousins. The trickiest part was trying to get all the nappers a place to nap.

My mom did a fun water party and sleepover right before school started. The kids had to be potty trained to attend, so Lucy worked really hard and she did it. She had so much fun! THey all did. And she is still doing great. She has one or two accidents a week, but that isn't too bad. My mom had all sorts of fun water activities, even a slip and slide. I was tempted to join it. Instead I ran lots of errands with only one kids. Yeah.
2 comments:
It feels like this summer has gone by WAY to fast but there were definitly some good times and great memories! Fun pictures!
i am glad you guys came over for the movie-I am impressed you are swtill doing good at scrapbooking!
Post a Comment