We are back in the grind of things. School has started. On the one hand I am so excited to have my schedule back. On the other, my life was already crazy and this doesn't help. But the kids love school, and I want them to learn, so that is the deal.
Emma started last week. She had almost a perfect first week. Only one day caused trauma. THat is pretty good for her. She has a cute, young teacher that she really likes. The bad news is that 4th grade comes with a lot more homework. Which means more nagging from me. But she has actually been pretty good so far, we are trying an incentive program, and it seems to be working thus far.

After sending our kids off to school, the mom's decided that we needed to do something fun. We took the little kids to the park and had lunch. it was a great way to get out and celebrate the first day of school.
THe Second First Day
Yesterday was Ben's first day of Kindergarten. He was so excited! He didn't show any signs of being nervous at all. I on the other hand was kind of a mess. I was good and held it all together for him, but I was so nervous that he would get confused and go the wrong way or something. Plus, he wanted to ride the bus. I really wanted to take him, but he wanted to ride the bus with Emma. So Emma promised to help him. I can't believe how big he is and how fast he has grown.

With both Emma and Ben gone, Lucy was kind of at a loss. She spent the whole morning wearing her backpack and asking when she got to go to school. It was really cute, but kind of sad too. This is her watching a cartoon to try to take her mind off.
1 comment:
I love the last one of Ben getting off the bus-he looks so little next to that big bus! I am glad he had a good first day! Poor Lucy--I am sure it is so hard on the younger siblings when everyone is gone! Glad we all made it to the park that day-it needs to be a tradition now!
Post a Comment