Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Island Park

Okay so I have been a blogging slacker. I am sure that no one actually reads my blog anymore because I haven't posted in so long. But for my own sake I am going to try to pick things up. With my kids going back to school, things should be a little less insane, maybe. Now for catching up.
In July we went to Island Park with Scot's family. I wasn't really sure what there would be to do there, but we had a great time. The kids loved playing with their cousins, and that even allowed Scot and I some time to play games with the other adults. Mostly, the trip was just really relaxing and we were all able to spend time together.
Emma and Jenna were so excited to shared sleeping quarters. We were only going to let them one night, but Jon and Lori were so nice to let them have the space a second night. They were thrilled. But they stayed up way to late and both of them complained about how the other one laid on them at some point during the night.
Cleadus brought up his motorcycle. At first my kids didn't want anything to do with it. I wasn't really surprised. But I was surprised when Emma decided a ride would be fun, and then even more surprised when Ben wanted to go on a ride. They loved it and were so sad when the fun ended.

We went into Yellowstone one day, which was filled with the usual traffic and waiting. But is was also very beautiful. We saw a couple of amazing waterfalls. And we were thrilled when Scot's dad was able to join us at one of them.
Our family at one of the waterfalls.
Probably our favorite part was the rodeo. We all loved it! The kids even got to participate. I am amazed at how much they loved watching the animals and riders. Lucy got so in to it.

We also took canoe rides on a part of the Snake River. This is Kim, Cham, Jenna, and Emma.

Then Dave, Luke, Ben and Scot had a canoe. Cleadus and Lisa's family also went out. Jessica and I stayed with the babies. But it was still a lot of fun to watch them.
We had such a great time. It is always great to be with family.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Island Park is really fun, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, and I can't believe your kids went on the bike!

Recksieks said...

That looks like lots of fun! I know what you mean about being a Blogger slacker but like you said, maybe things will be a little easier now that the kids started school. Love the pictures!

Michelle said...

Wow! Looks like a fun vacation. Your kids are so adorable.... loved seeing the penguin on Emma's PJs. Reminded me of your love of penguins.

p.s. Ed week was fun. I did think about the year (or years... can't remember??) that we went together. Let me tell you, John Bytheway is STILL speaking. He is older, but he's still there. He was my fav speaker as a youth.

kecia said...

glad to see you are posting again! Looks like a fun vacation-apprantly it was the popular vacation spot this summer!