A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting in church in between my two girls. I looked over to the one side of me and Emma was pouting with her arms folded and her shoulders hunched. And she had her "mad face" on. Then I looked to my other side and there was little Lucy. She was wearing sunglasses, necklaces, rings, bracelets up both arms, and pretending to talk on a cell phone. It was then that I realized that I am the mother of the Diva and the Drama Queen.

This is Emma the Drama Queen. Now it is not new information to anyone that knows her that she is very dramatic. She has been a drama queen since she could babble. Everything is always so exciting, or so upsetting. And she uses big words to describe how she feels, such as depressed, or stressed. (I am pretty sure she doesn't know the real meaning of either of those words.) Also, she tells me at least once a day that I can't possibly understand what she is either feeling or going through. (Keep in mind, she is eight. While I may not have had tons of life experience, I am sure I can relate to an eight year old.)

Then there is our little Diva. She loves everything pretty and sparkly. And especially things that she can wear. She picks out her clothes every morning, and her pajamas every night. And trust me it is a major fight if I want her to wear something else. (She isn't even two yet!!) Accesorizing is very important to Lucy. She won't leave the house without her complete outfit...the jacket, the shoes, and usually the purse full of bracelets, rings, necklaces, etc.
A cute side note about her red purse: A month or so ago we went to visit my Grandma. She is such a sweet lady, and Lucy's middle name is named after her. As we were chatting I mentioned Lucy's love for purses. My cute Grandma went into the other room and brought out a little red purse for Lucy. It rarely leaves Lucy's sight!
Well needless to say when these girls are teenagers I am so in trouble. Emma was upset at Scot and I the other day and told us that we shouldn't treat her that was because she was a "pre-teen". Scot & I looked at each other and then he very cleaverly said, actually you are a "pre-ten". She was rather put out by his comment, but none the less it won't be long before she really is a pre teen.
5 comments:
Pre-ten - that totally cracks me up!!!
Kirsten & Scot! You ARE in for it...I know the feeling, I have a drama queen myself, adn I am pretty sure Kindle is moving that way as well.
BTW-"pre-ten" is possibly my favorite comment ever...
That is like the funniest thing I've read for a while...I can't wait to hear what Emma says to you guys when she actually is pre-teen! It'll be good!
Pre-ten...classic! Zoe was like that from the get-go too. I am so not ready for pre-teen.
Ok this whole post made me laugh out loud! So funny! I love that little Lucy and all her accessories! Love the pre-ten comment!
Post a Comment