Last Saturday Ben had a few (six) friends over for a birthday party. I figured that is was about time I let the kid have a friend party since he was turning five. He wanted to have a puppy party. I had no ideas whatsoever, but thankfully Scot had a few.

I let them decorated their own cupcakes with Scooby Doo fruit snacks and sprinkles. It was a little messy, but fun anyway.

Since I didn't have the energy (or mental capacity) to do a big fancy party, we planned many good old party games with a puppy twist. In this one they are playing musical chairs with dog bones to sit on.

This is pin the tail on the puppy. Ben's friend Jamie is taking her turn here. She won just about every game. I'm not sure how she did it, but I don't think she cheated.

Once again, Ben wanted to wear his birthday hat. Unfortunately by the end of the party he had ripped it in one of the wild games we played. Also, he wouldn't actually smile for any pictures at all, most of them look like this.

This is a version of "Duck, Duck, Goose" only we played "Puppy, Puppy, Dog". I was kind of amazed that when we were explaining how to play each game, half the kids had never heard of them. These games are staples of my childhood. I guess maybe we always think we have to do something big and fancy, but the good old games work too. The kids seemed to have a great time, and Ben loved every minute of it. And I am glad that I don't have another birthday party to plan for awhile.
2 comments:
Wait a sec, you can't plan a birthday party without me!!! Next time call me and we'll kick it old skool.
looks like lots of fun! I wish Adrie could have been there for the fun!
Post a Comment