I wanted to share my favorite Thanksgiving tradition. It means so much to me and really makes me feel so thankful for all I have. Every year just before Thanksgiving my family donates turkeys to the food bank. It started sometime when I was a child and my parents, brothers and sisters would each take a turkey. As we got older we would buy our own turkeys and we all took great pleasure in picking out and paying for each one. Now we still go with my parents and my brother, sisters, and their families. We each bring a turkey for each member of the family. Emma & Lucy were sick this year, so I let them take it to the food bank, but Ben and I picked them out. Emma really missed doing that. When we went to the food bank we put all the turkeys and food that we all brought onto the scale. It weighed exactly 200 pounds. That is the most we have ever had. When we sit down to our huge Thanksgiving feast I always reflect on how many families we were able to help have a little bit of what we get to enjoy all the time. I am so thankful for all that I have, especially the little things that are often taken for granted.
The other thing I wanted to share is this picture I took on Thanksgiving of my Grandma. I didn't take many pictures for some reason, but this one is so sweet. Ben and Sam (my nephew) wanted to play a game of UNO. My grandma agreed. She doesn't know the rules, and frankly the boys kept changing them to suit their needs, so she didn't have a chance, but she just sat and played with them. It was such a tender moment for me.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know it is a little late. But it is never to late to be reminded of the blessings we have.
7 comments:
great post it's good to be reminded of how blessed we are
That is such a great picture! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I love your tradition of donating turkeys.
What a great tradition and a cute Grammy moment!
That's a really neat tradition!
Glad you had such a great holiday!
That picture brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for catching that moment that I was too busy cleaning up to appreciate. What a priceless memory for those little boys! Grandma needs to see that pic. She gets dicouraged that she doesn't have much to contribute to a gathering anymore. This is evidence that she really does!
That picture brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for catching that moment that I was too busy cleaning up to appreciate. What a priceless memory for those little boys! Grandma needs to see that pic. She gets dicouraged that she doesn't have much to contribute to a gathering anymore. This is evidence that she really does!
That picture brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for catching that moment that I was too busy cleaning up to appreciate. What a priceless memory for those little boys! Grandma needs to see that pic. She gets dicouraged that she doesn't have much to contribute to a gathering anymore. This is evidence that she really does!
Post a Comment