Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Movie Review

I went with Emma to see the Emma Smith movie last week. It was amazing! It is really beautiful visually and so moving. I was really emotional because I kept hoping that Emma would see what a great lady she was named after and aspire to be like her. I left there feeling even more that Emma Smith was great and amazing person. So many people give her a bad rap for not going to Utah with everyone else, and other things, but I learned things about her that I had no idea. For example, her second husband cheated on her and had a child with another woman, and when the woman couldn't care for her child she asked Emma to care for him. She was in her 60's and not only did she take him in, but she gave the mother a job so she could still she her son. That is unbelievable to me! I only hope that I can be like that just a little bit.

2 comments:

DeDee said...

I haven't see it...I'll have to check it out now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm glad you wrote about it. I'm not good at seeing movies unless I know they'll be good. Glad you liked it!