Last week our neighbors told us that they were getting rid of their swingset and playhouse now that their kids are older. They literally threw it over the fence, which was pretty funny. We had been talking about getting one when we could save up for it, so we were thrilled. But our kids were even more thrilled. They have spent almost every moment they can on it. Even yesterday when it was pretty cold, they bundled up and headed out.


They love the swings, and are already coming up with "tricks" to do. Doesn't every kid try that on the swings. But I won't tell them that, since they think they have invented something totally new, and are being exstremly daring.

Lucy loves the little playhouse and slide. She can't climb up any other way, except on the slide, so she scoots herself up it and then slides down on her belly. And the the other good news is that now that the playhouse is so appealing, she doesn't try to eat bugs, rocks, and leaves. Yeah, we may be able to let her play outside this summer!

So I am so excited to have something to entertain my kids in the backyard. I can actually get things done around the house and the yard because they love to play out there. What great neighbors!
4 comments:
That is awesome! The house we are buying in Omaha has a built in play area in the back yard, and I cannot wait to be able to let the kids go out back and just play! Yeah!!
Fabulous! Now all we need is warmer weather.
'Cmon summer, we're ready!
WOW! How lucky for you to get it free! It makes me want to get one-I am sure the kids will love it this summer!
You are welcome to bring them over anytime.
Post a Comment